In B2B marketing, funnels closely link marketing to sales. However, the ABM funnel focuses on accounts instead of leads.
Put another way the B2B funnel is a marketing funnel associated with lead generation and lead nurturing efforts. It is a marketing funnel that focuses on the lead generation, lead nurturing, and sales qualification of potential customers. The B2B funnel focuses on leads, while the ABM funnel focuses on Accounts.
Sales and marketing tend to be two departments that don’t always get along. However, with an ABM approach when it comes to creating an effective, converting funnel, they’re all on the same page.
In this podcast episode, we’ll look at how we can build out an ABM funnel with the right metrics to measure your efforts while ensuring rapid growth.
Sheila Kloefkorn is a marketing expert with more than 25 years of experience. She leads a talented team of marketers in creating and executing award-winning marketing campaigns across the US and more than 100 countries around the world.
After helping to lead the world’s largest youth marketing agency in the late 1990s, Sheila founded KEO Marketing in 2000. KEO Marketing is a full-service, business-to-business marketing agency located in Phoenix, Arizona. It specializes in marketing strategy, messaging, digital infrastructure, execution, and analytics.
Sheila is the recipient of many local and national marketing awards. She was named one of the “Top 10 Business Leaders of the Year” and “Top 25 Dynamic Women in Business” by the Phoenix Business Journal. On behalf of her company and client, she received a Stevie ® American Business Award for “Marketing Campaign of the Year,” and a Stevie Worldwide Women in Business Award in Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations. She was also named one of the Top 100 Marketing & Advertising Leaders by MarSum.
In this episode, Sheila shares how we can make an ABM funnel that drives growth fast.
Some topics we discussed include:
- How best to determine how accounts flow through the marketing and sales funnel
- What is an ABM funnel and what does it look like
- Key characteristics of an ABM funnel and why use it
- Metrics for ABM funnels
- Defining the stages of the new ABM funnel
- The funnel differences between a sales funnel and an ABM funnel
- Ways in which you can get a fractional CMO and team to help get you underway and scale-up
- and much much more ….
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out KEO Marketing
- Check out Sheila’s fractional CMO page
- Learn from Patrick Van Gorder – How to Get Started with B2B Account Based Marketing
- Learn from Guy Rozman – How to Craft Brand Messaging With 9 Key Components That Drive Growth
- Learn from Joe Davy – 7+ Customer Engagement Marketing Strategies to Make You a Pipeline Hero
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn from Steve Sims – How to Craft a Referral Marketing Strategy That Boosts Growth
- Learn more from Thibaud Clement – How to Fuel Growth with a Social Media Marketing Content Strategy
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Listen to my interview with Brandee Sander – Data Science Process: How to go From Pilot to Pipeline to Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
Connect with Sheila
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!