Strategic positioning is one of the most important areas of Marketing. In fact, many brands fail due to a poorly executed positioning strategy. In order to understand positioning, we need to be clear on what positioning is.
Positioning is the idea that a company or brand can be different things to different people. For example, to one person, Apple could be just a computer company. To another, Apple represents innovation and design. The trick to positioning is to know who you want to target with your positioning and which of the messages you want to deliver.
Positioning is the process of creating a psychological position in the minds of the target audience. Positioning is the key to successful marketing, whether it’s an individual product or a whole brand. In fact, strategic positioning is the reason why some products fail and others succeed. Discover how to position your brand, product, or service successfully. Every business needs to be able to position itself in the market.
Erik Jensen is Co-Owner and Chief Strategy Officer at Predictive ROI, a remote-first firm that helps agencies, coaches, and consultants plant their flags of authority and monetize that position.
In this episode, he shares how we can use thought leadership and strategic positioning to achieve predictable ROI and drive growth fast.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why do some businesses view content as an expense
- How do you persuade clients to look at it differently
- The predictable ROI from thought leadership
- Processes and examples to show how we can sell with authority
- What is strategic positioning
- The importance of cornerstone content to strategic positioning
- Strategic positioning and the trojan horse sales methodology
- How to test the defensibility of your strategic positioning
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Predictive ROI
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Simon Bedard – How to Grow Your Business Online to Boost The Business Valuation
- Learn from Paul Klein – How to Use a Price Positioning Strategy to Grow Your Business
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more from Chaz Horn – How to Craft a Powerful B2B Sales Process to Easily Drive Growth Now
- Check out the article – How to build online authority quickly when starting out
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- learn from Rob te Braake – How to Read Financial Statements to Look For Insights That Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Marti Sanchez – How to Become a Thought Leader That Quickly Boosts Your Company Growth
- Listen to my interview with Reynaldo Santana – What is a Socialpreneur And How to Easily Drive For Profit Growth Fast
Connect with Erik
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!