Sales development is a great way for sales teams to take their sales process from being reactive to proactive. By implementing a sales development process, a salesperson can qualify and narrow down leads before they hit the sales floor.
Sales development is a specialized skill that requires a high level of attention to detail and skill in communication. A sales development professional is usually responsible for collecting information about potential clients and conducting preliminary sales processes with these clients.
Sales is a lot about numbers. The more deals you close, the better your chances of success. The more deals you can lead, the higher your chances of closing more deals. When you can qualify more leads, you know your time and resources are being used to their fullest advantage, ensuring your success.
This podcast episode and post looks at how different sales strategies, like sales development, can help your sales team be more efficient, close more deals, and save time with lead qualification. We also look at how sales development can help your sales team be more efficient, close more deals, and save time with lead qualification.
Robert Hartline is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO of Call Proof which is an app for field salespeople which helps sales leadership track the daily sales activities so salespeople are on track to hit their sales objectives.
Robert used the same software to scale his wireless business in 2016 from $10 million in sales to nearly $100 million a year within 3 years. One of Roberts’s companies was also recognized as the fastest-growing company in Nashville for two years in a row.
Over the past 21 years, he has started and grown four companies from zero to $12 million. Just in the past few years alone is taken those businesses from $12 million to over $100 million in sales.
In this episode, he shares how we can create high-growth companies through the use of the right sales development skills and strategies. Insights he shares include:
Some topics we discussed include:
- Is sales a numbers game
- Does cold pitching really work
- Sales development lessons from door to door sales
- Why sales development teams should use a sales scorecard
- How Call Proof helps track activity and build scorecards
- Key characteristics to look for when recruiting sales development people
- How to set the right culture in an organization
- How EOS has helped Robert
- and much much more….
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out the Inkwell Content
- Learn from Mandi Graziano – Empathy in Sales: How to Easily Build Influence to Drive Growth
- Learn from Jose Palomino – 17 Top Sales Skills Every Great Salesperson Needs to Master to Drive Growth
- Learn from Amy McClain – B2B Sales Enablement: How to Develop a Game Plan For Growth
- Learn from Anfernee Chansamooth – How to Use Case Studies for Sales and Actually Boost Business Growth
- Learn from Nathan Bliss- What is Inbound Sales And How to Leverage it The Way Prospects Buy
- Learn from Robert Elliott – Sales Process Mapping: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Listen to my interview with Jan Cavelle – How to Use Sales Relationship Building to Sell Faster and Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Robert Cutler – How to Include These Sales Manager Strategies to Boost Growth For a Killer Year
- Listen to my interview with David Ledgerwood – Sales Operations: What it is And How to Implement it to Drive Growth
Connect with Robert
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!