If you are using the internet, there is a good chance that someone in your life, or in your business, has a disability. However, a considerable amount of digital accessibility is still lacking on the internet.
With the advent of different technology, the world is moving online. This means that it is becoming increasingly important to incorporate aspects of digital accessibility into websites. Digital accessibility is important to ensure that disabled people are able to use the Internet without facing any difficulties.
The digital world is a place where people with disabilities are often neglected. This is because design thinking, which takes into account the user’s ability to use an object, has not been adopted into the digital world. In fact, the opposite is true. The process of digital accessibility refers to the inclusive practice of removing barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to websites, digital tools, and technologies, by people with disabilities.
In this podcast episode and post, we will uncover the different aspects of digital accessibility and how you can incorporate them into your business strategies and websites.
Amber Hinds is the founder and CEO of Equalize Digital, which is a website accessibility consulting company. We do accessibility audits and remediation and accessible website and application development for largely, I’d say, large enterprises, government agencies, colleges and universities, K12 schools, and some nonprofits.
Amber’s main agency which is a parent company for Equalize is called Road Warrior Creative. She had been running the agency for about five years before they undertook projects with Colorado State University where everything had to be accessible and meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards. This was the genesis for Equalize Digital.
In this episode, she shares how we can address digital accessibility needs to help people and drive massive growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What is digital accessibility
- Why is digital accessibility important
- What can we do to make the world more accessible
- The business case for digital accessibility
- How best to address website accessibility
- How best to evaluate a company’s digital accessibility capabilities and options
- Tools that we can use to help address digital accessibility
- How to best stay on top of digital accessibility trends
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Equalize Digital
- Check out Amber’s personal site
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Sagar Sethi – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Learn from Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more from Michael Brenner – The Importance of Building Customer Relationships: 11 Ways to Build Them
- Check out the article – How to revive your content marketing with cartoons
- Check out the article – 100+ Powerful B2B Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – How to Build Your Business With Content Marketing: A BS-free Guide to Content Marketing Strategies for Startups
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- learn from Emilia Chagas – How to Drive Growth With a Content Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Liam Carnahan – Content Marketing for Startups: How to Drive Growth With The Right Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Prarthana Sibal – Storytelling in Content Marketing: How to Drive Growth Fast
Connect with Amber Hinds
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!