Emotional intelligence in sales is one of the traits that separate a good salesperson and someone who has the potential to be great. After all, sales is about empathy, persuasion, and establishing rapport. It is also about being able to control your own emotions and your customers.
Emotional intelligence is just as important and is in fact more important in sales than in other areas of professional life. But what are the ways that you can improve your emotional intelligence?
In this episode and post, we will uncover what you can do to bump up your emotional intelligence and see where you can find these opportunities in your day.
Lance Tyson is the CEO of Tyson Group – a top sales training company. He is himself a highly successful sales expert with decades of leadership experience.
Specialized in the area of sports selling, Lance has trained some of America’s biggest sports sales teams, like the Dallas Cowboys, on how to sell their tickets, season passes, and more. His latest bestseller book: The Human Sales Factor details the unique science behind the perfect sales strategies and deal closers.
As Founder and CEO of Tyson Group, he has personally provided tailored training and consulting services for companies like the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Yankees, helping to drive billions of dollars in revenue. Though Lance is the chosen sales training leader for America’s top professional sports teams, his expertise spans technology, agriculture, media, real estate, construction, and beyond.
Under his leadership, Tyson Group has ranked as a Top Sales Training Company by Selling Power Magazine for the last 3 years and has been named The Sales Consulting Practice of the Year by the Stevie Awards twice consecutively.
In this episode, Lance shares why emotional intelligence in sales is the new differentiator and drives growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Do we still have to contend with the notion that salespeople are built not born
- Why persuasion and influence are not soft skills
- The rules of persuasion and influence
- How emotional intelligence in sales improves close rates
- How do you help people better their EQ
- The methodologies Lance uses to train people in the area of improving EQ
- What is the Greek mirror
- Does thought leadership have a place in developing emotional intelligence in sales
- Why developing empathy and compassion is necessary to developing emotional intelligence in sales
- How to be a disruptor in the context of emotional intelligence
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out the Tyson Group
- Learn from Casey Cheshire – How to Start Sales Conversations That Drive Growth: 7 Keys to Success
- Learn from Dan Tyre – How to Always be Helping to Drive Sales Success And Revenue Growth
- Learn from Nelson Gilliat- How to Easily Drive Growth Fast With Sales Prospecting Methods
- Learn from Merit Kahn – Complex Sales Process: How to Design a Powerful Process That Drives Growth
- Learn from Nabeil Alazzam – Sales Compensation: How to Craft Data Driven Plans That Drive Growth
- Learn from Nathan Bliss – What is Inbound Sales And How to Leverage it The Way Prospects Buy
- Learn more from Chaz Horn – How to Craft a Powerful B2B Sales Process to Easily Drive Growth Now
- Learn more from Robert Hartline – 11 Sales Development Skills And Strategies Needed For High Growth Companies
- Check out the article – How to Create Content for Each Stage of the Buyer’s Journey
- Check out the article – How to Create Engaging Email Content that People Will Love
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- Learn from Mandi Graziano – Empathy in Sales: How to Easily Build Influence to Drive Growth
- Learn from Jose Palomino- 17 Top Sales Skills Every Great Salesperson Needs to Master to Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Amy McClain – B2B Sales Enablement: How to Develop a Game Plan For Growth
Connect with Lance
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!